Introduction to Programming in C++
To get started, I recommend working through the free Learn C++ online tutorial. Note that there are a lot of advertisements if you aren't using an ad blocker. If you want to invest in an excellent C++ book, I recommend buying Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup, the designer and original creator of C++.
If you prefer watching video tutorials rather than working through a book, I recommend C++ Tutorial for Beginners.
For learning any programming language it is most important to write your own code. As a student of HTL Bulme, you may use the provided SSH access to our sandbox server.
The following interactive presentations provide a good starting point for self-study as well.
- Fast Track to C Syntax for Programmers
- Standard Library - Containers
- OOP - Structs (Composite Data Types)
- OOP - Classes and Encapsulation
- Operator Overloading
- Unit Testing (Catch2)
- Unit Testing (Google Test)
- Bjarne Stroustrup (2014) Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++
- Bjarne Stroustrup (2022) Tour of C++
- Scott Meyers (2014) Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14